venerdì 8 gennaio 2016

On sun safety and skin tones


Here I am, back again!
After this long holiday season I'm back with my advices on how to live a healthy, long and joyful life. As you may expect these advices don't just deal with fitness/diet but with health in general, with how we live.
This is why today's post will be about taking care of our skin and protecting it from the sun. I will provide you with some information about different skin tones and how to treat them well 'cause if we don't want we can get something bad.

Who doesn't like going to the beach and getting suntanned? I personally love the feeling of the sun warming my skin. I hate sunscreen but I also hate sunburn... and if there's something we should watch out for is sunburns!
When I was younger I got sunburnt very easily as I felt that putting sunscreen on was a sign of weakness for a boy. However, while growing up I realised how important it is to protect our skin from the sun. In order to do so It is vital to identify our skin type and act accordingly.

There 6 different skin types:
  • 1 and 2: Nordic peoples with blonde hair and pale skin. They get sunburnt in less than 10 minutes and they need a very high sun protection factor (SPF): 50 or more 
  • 3 and 4: peoples with golden brown hair and skin. They need a SPF in between 10 and 30
  • 5 and 6: peoples with dark or olive skin. They only need a low SPF 6-10
Age affects our sunscreen choices as well: young people until 15 years of age and the elderly need to use higher SPFs no matter their skin tones.

Therefore, just choose the right sunscreen for you skin type (I hope I have been of some use) and you'll be fit as a fiddle and at the same time perfectly tanned!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento